We couldn’t be more excited to welcome you back to our store at 327 Grand St when we reopen at noon on Tuesday, June 23rd! While we recognize the huge strides made to get us to this point, we also acknowledge that we must all continue to be diligent and cooperative as a community to prevent further spread, and ensure maximum safety for ourselves, our friends, and our loved ones.
Here is an overview of the measures we are taking at Brooklyn Tailors to ensure the safety of our customers, staff, and community:
WHAT WE'RE DOING:
- Masks: Our staff will all be wearing masks on the sales floor.
- Air Flow: We will be keeping our doors and windows open during business hours as long as weather permits in order to maximize air flow and reduce stagnant air that can trap virus particles. This also means you will not need to touch our door handle to come inside.
- Capacity: We will be limiting our store capacity to 50% (25 people at a time)
- Cleaning: We have stocked up on hospital-grade disinfectant and will be deep cleaning the store once a day in addition to wiping all touchable surfaces like door handles, light switches, restrooms, credit card machines, banisters, and counters with disinfectant after each use. Returned merchandise will be steam cleaned at high temperatures and not placed on the sales floor for 3 days.
- Health Checks: All staff will have their temperatures taken every day before starting work and sent home if they have a fever. Staff will also have to take a daily questionnaire regarding symptoms and will not come to work if they are feeling ill.
- Custom Fittings: These fittings require our staff to be closer than the ideal 6-foot distance apart. To ensure maximum safety, the customer and staff member will both be required to wear masks, and use hand sanitizer or wash their hands before and after the fitting.
WHAT WE ASK OF YOU:
- Masks: All customers will be required to wear a mask when you enter the store. Should you need a mask, please let a staff member (also in a mask) know and we can provide a disposable mask for you.
- Social Distancing: We ask that all customers practice social distancing and stay at least 6 feet from other customers when shopping. We will have a line taped to the floor for you to stand behind as your order is being rung up and packed to keep you 6 feet from our cash register station.
- Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the store for easy access. We encourage all customers to use it upon entering and before leaving the store.
- Illness/Exposure: We ask any customers who are feeling sick, who have tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 14 days or who have been exposed to someone with the virus within the last 14 days to please refrain from entering the store and come back at a later time. Call or email us if you need to reschedule a fitting.
All of the above policies and procedures reflect those laid out and mandated by the State of New York, either meeting or exceeding those requirements. You can find their list here. Thank you for abiding by these important rules that will keep our staff, customers, and community safe.