GLENN'S DENIM - GD110 SLIM TAPERED | Raw 13 Oz Selvedge Denim - Classic Indigo
Brand: Glenn's Denim
The GD110 has a mid-rise, and fits very slim through the seat and thigh, with a tapered fit down towards the leg opening. Made from selvedge denim woven here in the USA exclusively for Glenn's. This one is raw (unwashed), allowing you to break it in yourself over time, washing it to your preference (or not washing it at all).
NOTE ON AVAILABILITY: In the dropdown menu, sizes that say "SPECIAL ORDER" are not available to ship immediately. Please allow approximately 2 weeks for them to ship. Other sizes without that note are in stock and will ship in 1-2 business days as normal.
SIZING AND FIT:
- Slim-fit through the seat and thigh
- Very slim leg, with a tapered leg opening
- SHRINKAGE: This jean is raw (unwashed). The fabric is unsanforized, which means that it will shrink considerably if washed (more than a sanforized denim). Upon washing in a hot washer and hot dryer, it will shrink approximately two sizes in the waist and 4" in the inseam length. If you plan on washing your jeans in this manner, buy your normal size. If you plan on only cold washing them and hang drying them, buy one size down. If you plan on leaving them unwashed, buy two sizes down.
FABRIC AND WASH:
- 13 oz (medium weight) selvedge denim - woven in the USA exclusive for Glenn's by one of America's last denim makers.
- COLOR: Classic indigo (dark indigo warp / white weft). Glenn's "classic indigo" denim is their take on the classic blue jean fabric. It has that deep, dark, subdued indigo color that will fade so wonderfully over time.
- WASH: Raw - This is an unwashed denim.
DETAILS AND CARE:
- Made in the New York City
- 5-pockets/button fly
- Single-needle construction
- "Glenn's Denim" signature buttons and rivets in copper
- Genuine leather patch on the waistband
- Features signature green arcuate on the back pockets
- If you prefer to preserve the garment's original color and character for as long as possible, and allow for more dramatic natural fading, we recommend washing infrequently, and when you do, we recommend cold washing and hang drying. If you would like the garment to have a more broken-in, washed and faded look, machine wash and dry with like colors.
About Glenn's Denim:
Glenn Liburd has worked behind-the-scenes at some of the biggest denim companies in the world, starting by sweeping the floors in denim factories in his home country of Trinidad as a teenager, and most recently creating bespoke jeans for a major denim brand in New York. His entire 30-year career of mastering the art of denim design, fit, and craftsmanship has culminated in his eponymous line, currently available exclusively at Brooklyn Tailors.
In addition to ready-to-wear jeans, Glenn's also offers fully custom-made denim exclusively through Brooklyn Tailors. Click here for more information, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.