BROOKLYN TAILORS - Full Canvas Tailored Jacket - Black Super 110s
STYLE No. BKT50 – ‘FULL CANVAS TAILORED JACKET’
Our BKT50 suit is where it all started for Brooklyn Tailors back in 2007, when founder Daniel Lewis couldn't find a suit that had the perfect combination of fit, craftsmanship and detailing - this is the suit he designed for himself. The goal in the beginning was to design a suit that was perfectly modern yet timeless, and in that spirit, we haven't changed it much since we first introduced it. Good design and good quality don't go out of style.
BKT50 is our signature suit silhouette. The jacket is slim, with a contoured darted waistline, high armholes, and narrow sleeves. The shoulder is cut narrow with a soft, yet defined construction, and the jacket is cut moderately short, hitting at the lower hip, rather than fully covering it. This all adds up to a coat that is modern and sharp - dressed up and tailored but with a relaxed and easygoing air.
- This worsted super 110s cloth makes for the perfect go-to suit in your closest for any occasion, any time of year. It has a subtle texture, and a drape that is elegant and refined but also sturdy.
- ORIGIN: Woven in Italy by Vitale Barberis Canonico
- COMPOSITION: 100% Worsted Wool / Super 110s / plain weave
- WEIGHT: 260 grams per square meter (medium weight ideal for year-round use)
- COLOR: black
DETAILS AND CARE:
- Genuine buffalo horn buttons
- Fully-canvassed construction for a natural drape and longer life
- Narrow notch lapel
- Fully lined with our signature gray and white striped lining
- Sleeves come with fully functional vents and buttons sewn on (without buttonholes). This allows for buttonholes to be added by your local tailor after adjusting sleeve length, if so desired.
- One chest pocket & two flap pockets at the hips
- Pick stitching along edges
- Side vents
- Dry clean only when necessary
- Made in Portugal
Our BkT50 jackets are tailored with a fully canvassed construction – a time-honored tradition of meticulously sewing horse hair canvas into the front section of the jacket by hand. This technique provides a more natural, elegant drape on the body, which only improves over time as it breaks in and forms to your individual shape – not unlike a great pair of jeans. Most suiting manufacturers replaced this slow and expensive method last century with fused construction, which involves sandwiching a synthetic material between the layers of fabric and adding heat to “glue” the suit together. This time-saving method has become common practice with today’s mass-produced suits, but results in a jacket that will degrade quickly with age, and will never have the soft, organic drape over the body that a fully canvassed jacket can offer.
*this item coordinates with our “Tailored Trouser - Black Super 110s”
About the BROOKLYN TAILORS PERMANENT COLLECTION: We put together the Permanent Collection to house our most popular and timeless suiting, shirting, belts, and neckwear. We keep these items in stock season after season and because of this, they seldom, if ever, go on sale.