FINAL SALE - BROOKLYN TAILORS - Autumn Tropical Wool Jacket in Heathered Cobalt
STYLE No. BKT50 – ‘FULL CANVAS TAILORED JACKET’
FULL CANVAS TAILORING:
Our BkT50 jackets are tailored with a fully canvassed construction – a time-honored tradition of meticulously sewing horse hair canvas into the front section of the jacket by hand. This technique provides a more natural, elegant drape on the body, which only improves over time as it breaks in and forms to your individual shape – not unlike a great pair of jeans. Most suiting manufacturers replaced this slow and expensive method last century with fused construction, which involves sandwiching a synthetic material between the layers of fabric and adding heat to “glue” the suit together. This time-saving method has become common practice with today’s mass-produced suits, but results in a jacket that will degrade quickly with age, and will never have the soft, organic drape over the body that a fully canvassed jacket can offer.
The BkT50 Full Canvas Suit Jacket is a 2-button style, cut slim through the torso and darted for a contoured shape through the waist. The shoulder is narrow with a soft, yet defined construction. The armhole is cut high with a slim sleeve, and the jacket is moderately short, hitting at the lower hip, rather than fully covering it. The BkT50 suit is our signature suiting silhouette, known for being both modern and timeless.
- ORIGIN: 100% wool woven in Italy by Vitale Barberis Canonico
- WEIGHT: 240 grams/meter – a medium weight suitable for all weather
- COLOR: Heathered blue
DETAILS AND CARE:
- Genuine buffalo horn buttons
- Fully-canvassed construction for a natural drape and longer life
- Narrow notch lapel
- Fully lined with our signature gray and white striped lining
- Sleeves come with fully functional vents and buttons sewn on (without buttonholes). This allows for buttonholes to be added by your local tailor after adjusting sleeve length, if so desired.
- One chest pocket & two flap pockets at the hips
- Hand pick stitching along edges
- Double back vent
- Dry clean only when necessary
*This item coordinates with our "Autumn Tropical Wool Trouser in Heathered Cobalt"