BKT20 Slim Dress Shirt in Crisp Poplin - Black
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
There's nothing more versatile than a smooth, crisp poplin dress shirt in a solid color. Think of it as a blank slate to pair with a variety of colors, patterns, and accents.
FABRIC AND TRIMS:
- ORIGIN: 100% cotton woven in Czech Republic by Mileta
- Medium/light weight
- SEASONALITY: Suitable for year-round use in most climates
- HAND FEEL: Crisp and smooth
- COLOR: Black
- BUTTONS: Genuine shell buttons in natural
HOW IT FITS
HOW IT FITS
- The BKT20 is our signature dress shirt. The fit is slim yet comfortable, with narrow shoulders and trim sleeves. There are rear darts at the waist to create a slimmer, contoured silhouette through the torso.
- Note that our BKT20 shirt is a very similar fit to style BKT10. The primary difference is that the BKT20 is darted at the rear waist, which creates a slightly slimmer fit at the waistline, perfect for tucking in and dressing up.
- Collars and cuffs are Moderately-structured to look clean and crisp
- Slim semi-spread collar with removable collar stays
- Rear darts at waist
- Raised front placket
- Single needle tailoring
- Split-back yoke
- 1-button barrel cuffs with rounded corners
- Made in Portugal
- Machine wash cold using the gentle cycle and lay flat to dry
- May also dry clean
SPECIAL ORDER INFO
SPECIAL ORDER INFO
When selecting a size to add to your cart, items noting IN STOCK are ready for immediate shipment. If a size says SPECIAL ORDER, it will ship within five weeks, if not sooner. Please read below for additional details and policies for Special Order items:
- IN STOCK items are ready to ship, and will typically be dispatched within two business days of ordering. They are also typically available for curbside pickup within two business days, or available to try on / purchase at our studio location (by appointment).
- SPECIAL ORDER items are not immediately in stock. When you place the order, we immediately begin making that item at our tailoring workshop. Special order items typically ship within five weeks, if not sooner. Once you place your order, you will receive an email from us with an estimated ship date.
- SPECIAL ORDER items are returnable / exchangeable according to the same return policy as IN STOCK purchases.
- If you place an order for some IN STOCK and some SPECIAL ORDER items, we will hold your IN STOCK items until your SPECIAL ORDER items are ready to ship, and ship everything together. If you would like items shipped separately, please contact us via email to make arrangements. Additional shipping charges may apply.
- SPECIAL ORDER items are not customized. Even though they are made-to-order, they are not considered a custom item and cannot be customized in any way. However, they can of course be altered by your local tailor. If you are able to visit us in New York, we can assist with alterations at an additional cost after your item arrives. If you are interested in ordering a custom item, we do offer custom clothing. Contact us to make an inquiry or schedule an appointment.
SIZE GUIDE - BROOKLYN TAILORS SHIRTS
Brooklyn Tailors clothing is sized by a number system (01, 02, 03, etc). Use the below chart to see how our sizing system converts to other commonly used sizing scales. Scroll down further on this page for additional sizing information to help you select the best size.
|US / UK SIZING (NECK)*||14.5||15||15.5||16||16.5||17||17.5||18|
|US / UK SIZING (SLEEVE)*||32.5||33||33.5||34||34.5||35||35.5||36|
The below chart provides measurements taken from our garments. You can compare them with items you already own, to help choose your ideal size.
STYLE: BKT20 SLIM DRESS SHIRT / BKT20 SLIM TUXEDO SHIRT
STYLE: BKT10 SLIM CASUAL SHIRT
STYLE: BKT14 RELAXED SHIRT
STYLE: BKT15 SHIRT JACKET
STYLE: BKT18 CAMP SHIRT
- Garment measurements are in inches.
- Instructions for taking measurements are provided below. When measuring at home, please follow these instructions as closely as possible to ensure you are measuring in a similar way:
- NECK: The neck is measured from the center of the neck button, to the end of the neck buttonhole (the end of the buttonhole opening). To measure, unbutton the neck of the shirt and lay it flat on a table. Be sure to eliminate any slack, but do not stretch the fabric when measuring.
- SHOULDER: To measure the shoulder, lay the shirt flat on a table, front side up, and smooth out any slack in the upper part of the shirt. Place your tape measure horizontally (do not curve the tape measure) at the top of the shoulder. Measure from one shoulder seam (where the shoulder panel joins the sleeve) across to the other.
- CHEST: Note, this is often referred to as a "pit to pit" measurement. With the shirt laying flat on a table, and the buttons closed, smooth the fabric to remove slack. Tug on it gently before measuring to ensure it is as smooth as possible but do not stretch the fabric. Place the tape measure directly under the armhole (where the underside of the sleeve joins the shirt body) and measure straight across to the other side. Take this "half measure" and double it to get the full chest measure.
- WAIST: The waist is the narrowest part of the torso, below the chest and above the hips. Following the same methods described above for the chest, place the tape measure halfway between the chest and the hips (the hips are the bottom hem of the shirt at the side seams). Take this "half measure" and double it to get the full waist measure.
- SLEEVE LENGTH: To measure the sleeve length, lay the shirt flat on a table, front side up, and smooth out the fabric along one of the sleeve, along its upper edge. Place the tape measure at the end of the cuff (the measure includes the cuff), and run it along the sleeve up to the shoulder seam at the point where the shoulder panel, front body panel, and sleeve join together. This point on the shoulder seam will be approximately 1.5 inches lower than where you took the shoulder measurement (will vary depending on the specific shirt).
- ** NOTE ABOUT SLEEVE LENGTH: The above instructions advise how to take the sleeve length measurement alone, without taking into consideration how the shoulder measurement affects overall sleeve length. Some brands instead quote their sleeve lengths as a "full sleeve length" which is inclusive of the "half shoulder." This sizing method is most common for dress shirts. If you see a shirt sized as "Size 15.5 / 33 sleeve" this would indicate a 15.5" neck size and a 33" sleeve length inclusive of the shoulder. To find out the full sleeve length in our shirts, simply take our quoted "Sleeve Length" and then take one half of our quoted "Shoulder" measurement. For example, if you see a shoulder measurement of 17" and a sleeve length of 25", the full sleeve length would be 8.5 (half of 17) plus 25 for a full sleeve length of 33.5".
- BODY LENGTH: To measure the shirt body length, lay it flat on a table, front side down. Smooth out the fabric on the rear of the shirt to eliminate any slack, but do not stretch the fabric. Place the tape measure along the center axis of the shirt. Starting at the base of the collar where it joins the shoulder panel (measurement does not include the height of the collar band or collar itself), run the measuring tape straight down, with the tape completely straight, to the center point of the shirt's hem.
- NOTES ON WASHING AND SHRINKAGE:
- The above measurements are based on a shirt that has never been washed. Please note that some of our shirt styles have been pre-washed in order to achieve a particular look and feel. As a result, pre-washed shirts may measure somewhat smaller than the measurements quoted above. In those cases, those washed shirts should be considered pre-shrunk.
- Shirts that have not been pre-washed may experience some shrinkage when you wash them at home. Shrinkage will vary depending on the fabric, and on your chosen washing methods. If you wish to minimize shrinkage, wash on cold, and lay flat or hang to dry.
- Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about a specific shirt, and we will do our best to provide additional information and guidance.
- While the above-mentioned styles have similar overall measurements and fit, each have different construction, stylistic details, and attributes that will affect the way the garment drapes and shapes the body. Check each individual product listing for additional details specific to that item.