BKT35 Unstructured Jacket in Travel-Ready Wool - Vivid Navy
- Regular price
- $725.00 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $725.00 USD
- Unit price
STYLE No. BkT35 - Unstructured Jacket
Our BkT35 Unstructured Jacket is cut similarly to our more constructed BkT50 suit jackets - slim through the body and sleeves, with a narrow shoulder and high armhole. But, the BkT35 model is tailored with a lighter, softer construction, giving the jacket a more casual, soft, easygoing feel overall. It has a completely natural (unpadded) shoulder, unlined body, and a lighter-weight half canvas in the main body of the jacket.
This fabric has some very unique characteristics so we'll take a minute to dive into further detail. Upon first look, this fabric doesn't look much different than your typical wool suit. It has a "plain weave" (meaning a classic cross-wise grain with some allover texture), and is a classic solid color. What makes it so unique is that it is woven from a specialty 4-ply wool yarn. What does 4-ply mean? When creating a yarn to weave into a fabric, it is twisted into one or more ply. Most common would be a single ply or 2-ply yarn. Generally, twisting the yarn with more ply, such as this 4-ply yarn, gives the yarn added strength, durability, stability and wrinkle resistance.
Therefore, this 4-ply wool has a higher than average level of durability, and a higher than average level of wrinkle resistance. We call it a "travel-ready" suit for this reason - its a suit that you can put through the ringer and not have to worry as much about having to steam is as often, or be as worried about the wear and tear of running through airports and to meetings on your busy schedule.
Also, the 4-ply yarn means it has a bit more of a rigid drape than average, and a bit more weight. The extra-strong yarn means the fabric doesn't feel quite as soft or buttery as others, but it still feels great on the body. Also, don't be afraid of the heavier weight in terms of comfort in warmer weather. The plain weave is still quite breathable so we'd consider it a great suit for most times of year and most climates.
It's one of our favorites for its low-maintenance characteristics, clean sharp drape, and beautiful texture!
- ORIGIN: 100% Wool Woven in Italy by Vitale Barberis Canonico
- WEIGHT: Medium / heavy weight. (Great for year-round use. Although the fabric leans towards the heavier end of the spectrum, it is quite breathable due to its particular weave and construction).
- HAND FEEL: Dry and crisp, with a slightly more rigid hand compared to most suit fabrics. This is due to the densely twisted 4-ply yarn.
- COLOR: Vivid Navy (slightly brighter and more saturated than a classic navy blue color)
DETAILS AND CARE:
- Completely unpadded in the shoulder and unstructured in the body, for a relaxed, casual drape
- Rolling 3-button jacket
- Patch pockets
- Top-stitched detailing throughout
- Genuine horn buttons
- Narrow notch lapel
- 3 buttons on sleeve
- Unlined in the body/lined in the sleeves
- Center back vent
- 2 interior pockets
- Dry clean only when necessary
- Made in Portugal
This item coordinates with our "BKT50 Tailored Trouser in Travel-Ready Wool - Vivid Navy"