FINAL SALE: BROOKLYN TAILORS - Single-Breasted Handmade Wool Topcoat in Navy Plaid
This product is unavailableClick Here For Gift Packaging Options
STYLE No. BKT75 – ‘FULL CANVAS SINGLE-BREASTED TOP COAT’
FULL CANVAS TAILORING:
Our BkT75 jackets are tailored with a fully canvassed construction – a time-honored tradition of meticulously sewing horse hair canvas into the front section of the jacket by hand. This technique provides a more natural, elegant drape on the body, which only improves over time as it breaks in and forms to your individual shape – not unlike a great pair of jeans. Most suiting manufacturers replaced this slow and expensive method last century with fused construction, which involves sandwiching a synthetic material between the layers of fabric and adding heat to “glue” the suit together. This time-saving method has become common practice with today’s mass-produced suits, but results in a jacket that will degrade quickly with age, and will never have the soft, organic drape over the body that a fully canvassed jacket can offer.
- ORIGIN: Heavy brushed wool woven in Italy by Vitale Barberis Canonico.
- COLOR: Navy Plaid
DETAILS AND CARE:
- Genuine buffalo horn buttons
- Fully-canvassed construction for a natural drape and longer life
- Narrow notch lapel
- Fully lined with our signature gray and white striped lining
- Functional buttonholes on cuffs
- One chest pocket, two flap pockets at the hips and one small ticket pocket
- Center back vent
- Dry clean only when necessary