FINAL SALE - BROOKLYN TAILORS - BKT50 Tuxedo Jacket in Antique Blue
This item is FINAL SALE and not eligible for returns or exchanges.
STYLE No. BKT50 – ‘FULL CANVAS TUXEDO JACKET’
FULL CANVAS TAILORING:
Our BkT50 jackets are tailored with a fully canvassed construction – a time-honored tradition of meticulously sewing horse hair canvas into the front section of the jacket by hand. This technique provides a more natural, elegant drape on the body, which only improves over time as it breaks in and forms to your individual shape – not unlike a great pair of jeans. Most suiting manufacturers replaced this slow and expensive method last century with fused construction, which involves sandwiching a synthetic material between the layers of fabric and adding heat to “glue” the suit together. This time-saving method has become common practice with today’s mass-produced suits, but results in a jacket that will degrade quickly with age, and will never have the soft, organic drape over the body that a fully canvassed jacket can offer.
The BkT50 tuxedo features a 1-button jacket with a narrow peaked lapel trimmed in contrasting black silk grosgrain. The fit is the same as our BkT50 suit jacket: slim, with narrow shoulders, a moderately short jacket and sleeve, and a clean line that sits close to the body.The BkT50 suit is our signature suiting silhouette, known for being both modern and timeless.
- FABRIC ORIGIN: Super 110s wool twill woven in Italy by Vitale Barberis Canonico
- WEIGHT: 260 grams/meter – a medium weight ideal for year-round use
- COLOR: Antique blue - a beautiful blue/gray
DETAILS AND CARE:
- Silk grosgrain contrasting fabric on lapel, buttons, and pockets
- Fully-canvassed construction for a natural drape and longer life
- Narrow shawl lapel
- Half-lined with our signature gray and white striped lining
- Sleeves come with fully functional vents and buttons sewn on (without buttonholes). This allows for buttonholes to be added by your local tailor after adjusting sleeve length if so desired.
- One chest pocket & two besom pockets with contrasting silk grosgrain at the hips
- Hand pick stitching along edges
- Double back vent
- Dry clean only when necessary
*this item coordinates with our Tailored Tuxedo Trouser - Antique Blue