BKT15 Shirt Jacket in Italian Seersucker - Storm
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Seersucker might be the prefect fabric for a spring/summer shirt jacket. On a rare cool day or after the sun goes down, you want something light but structured. This wool/cotton seersucker packs a punch with a breathable fabric that holds its shape, but also delivers in the texture department with a fun, bumpy, springy feel.
FABRIC AND TRIMS:
- 60% Wool 40% Cotton woven in Italy by Lanificio Campore
- Medium weight
- SEASONALITY: This is a perfect layering piece for mild weather, or cool evenings in the warmer months
- HAND FEEL: Seersucker is a highly-textured, crinkly weave that has a springiness when scrunched
- COLOR: Charcoal gray with a warm, earthy undertone
- BUTTONS: Metal cat eye buttons in dark gray
HOW IT FITS
HOW IT FITS
- Our BKT15 Shirt Jacket takes the iconic chore coat (AKA shirt jacket, AKA overshirt) of yesteryear as a jumping-off point. But, we've updated it with a more modern shape, and elevated detailing. Its one of the most versatile pieces in our collection - a perfect layering piece on top of a t-shirt or button-up. More casual than a blazer, more tailored and functional than a cardigan sweater, and equally at home in the office, running errands, or at a dinner party with friends.
- The fit is straight through the body (not too slim, not too wide), with a straight-bottomed hem hitting below the waistline.
- Collars and cuffs are constructed with a non-fused, free floating interlining for a more natural drape and longer life
- 3 patch pockets on the front / exterior
- Center back seam
- Single-button barrel cuffs
- Made in Portugal
- Dry clean only
SPECIAL ORDER INFO
SPECIAL ORDER INFO
When selecting a size to add to your cart, items noting IN STOCK are ready for immediate shipment. If a size says SPECIAL ORDER, it will ship within five weeks, if not sooner. Please read below for additional details and policies for Special Order items:
- IN STOCK items are ready to ship, and will typically be dispatched within two business days of ordering. They are also typically available for curbside pickup within two business days, or available to try on / purchase at our studio location (by appointment).
- SPECIAL ORDER items are not immediately in stock. When you place the order, we immediately begin making that item at our tailoring workshop. Special order items typically ship within five weeks, if not sooner. Once you place your order, you will receive an email from us with an estimated ship date.
- SPECIAL ORDER items are returnable / exchangeable according to the same return policy as IN STOCK purchases.
- If you place an order for some IN STOCK and some SPECIAL ORDER items, we will hold your IN STOCK items until your SPECIAL ORDER items are ready to ship, and ship everything together. If you would like items shipped separately, please contact us via email to make arrangements. Additional shipping charges may apply.
- SPECIAL ORDER items are not customized. Even though they are made-to-order, they are not considered a custom item and cannot be customized in any way. However, they can of course be altered by your local tailor. If you are able to visit us in New York, we can assist with alterations at an additional cost after your item arrives. If you are interested in ordering a custom item, we do offer custom clothing. Contact us to make an inquiry or schedule an appointment.
SIZE GUIDE - BROOKLYN TAILORS SHIRTS
Brooklyn Tailors clothing is sized by a number system (01, 02, 03, etc). Use the below chart to see how our sizing system converts to other commonly used sizing scales. Scroll down further on this page for additional sizing information to help you select the best size.
|US / UK SIZING (NECK)*||14.5||15||15.5||16||16.5||17||17.5||18|
|US / UK SIZING (SLEEVE)*||32.5||33||33.5||34||34.5||35||35.5||36|
The below chart provides measurements taken from our garments. You can compare them with items you already own, to help choose your ideal size.
STYLE: BKT20 SLIM DRESS SHIRT / BKT20 SLIM TUXEDO SHIRT
STYLE: BKT10 SLIM CASUAL SHIRT
STYLE: BKT14 RELAXED SHIRT
STYLE: BKT15 SHIRT JACKET
STYLE: BKT18 CAMP SHIRT
- Garment measurements are in inches.
- Instructions for taking measurements are provided below. When measuring at home, please follow these instructions as closely as possible to ensure you are measuring in a similar way:
- NECK: The neck is measured from the center of the neck button, to the end of the neck buttonhole (the end of the buttonhole opening). To measure, unbutton the neck of the shirt and lay it flat on a table. Be sure to eliminate any slack, but do not stretch the fabric when measuring.
- SHOULDER: To measure the shoulder, lay the shirt flat on a table, front side up, and smooth out any slack in the upper part of the shirt. Place your tape measure horizontally (do not curve the tape measure) at the top of the shoulder. Measure from one shoulder seam (where the shoulder panel joins the sleeve) across to the other.
- CHEST: Note, this is often referred to as a "pit to pit" measurement. With the shirt laying flat on a table, and the buttons closed, smooth the fabric to remove slack. Tug on it gently before measuring to ensure it is as smooth as possible but do not stretch the fabric. Place the tape measure directly under the armhole (where the underside of the sleeve joins the shirt body) and measure straight across to the other side. Take this "half measure" and double it to get the full chest measure.
- WAIST: The waist is the narrowest part of the torso, below the chest and above the hips. Following the same methods described above for the chest, place the tape measure halfway between the chest and the hips (the hips are the bottom hem of the shirt at the side seams). Take this "half measure" and double it to get the full waist measure.
- SLEEVE LENGTH: To measure the sleeve length, lay the shirt flat on a table, front side up, and smooth out the fabric along one of the sleeve, along its upper edge. Place the tape measure at the end of the cuff (the measure includes the cuff), and run it along the sleeve up to the shoulder seam at the point where the shoulder panel, front body panel, and sleeve join together. This point on the shoulder seam will be approximately 1.5 inches lower than where you took the shoulder measurement (will vary depending on the specific shirt).
- ** NOTE ABOUT SLEEVE LENGTH: The above instructions advise how to take the sleeve length measurement alone, without taking into consideration how the shoulder measurement affects overall sleeve length. Some brands instead quote their sleeve lengths as a "full sleeve length" which is inclusive of the "half shoulder." This sizing method is most common for dress shirts. If you see a shirt sized as "Size 15.5 / 33 sleeve" this would indicate a 15.5" neck size and a 33" sleeve length inclusive of the shoulder. To find out the full sleeve length in our shirts, simply take our quoted "Sleeve Length" and then take one half of our quoted "Shoulder" measurement. For example, if you see a shoulder measurement of 17" and a sleeve length of 25", the full sleeve length would be 8.5 (half of 17) plus 25 for a full sleeve length of 33.5".
- BODY LENGTH: To measure the shirt body length, lay it flat on a table, front side down. Smooth out the fabric on the rear of the shirt to eliminate any slack, but do not stretch the fabric. Place the tape measure along the center axis of the shirt. Starting at the base of the collar where it joins the shoulder panel (measurement does not include the height of the collar band or collar itself), run the measuring tape straight down, with the tape completely straight, to the center point of the shirt's hem.
- NOTES ON WASHING AND SHRINKAGE:
- The above measurements are based on a shirt that has never been washed. Please note that some of our shirt styles have been pre-washed in order to achieve a particular look and feel. As a result, pre-washed shirts may measure somewhat smaller than the measurements quoted above. In those cases, those washed shirts should be considered pre-shrunk.
- Shirts that have not been pre-washed may experience some shrinkage when you wash them at home. Shrinkage will vary depending on the fabric, and on your chosen washing methods. If you wish to minimize shrinkage, wash on cold, and lay flat or hang to dry.
- Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about a specific shirt, and we will do our best to provide additional information and guidance.
- While the above-mentioned styles have similar overall measurements and fit, each have different construction, stylistic details, and attributes that will affect the way the garment drapes and shapes the body. Check each individual product listing for additional details specific to that item.