BKT50 Tailored Trouser in Super 110s Plainweave - Black
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Classics are that way for a reason. In this case, a classic black suit will become the workhorse of your closet. Wear it to a business meeting and then to drinks. Impress a date with a fancy dinner. Wear it to a wedding. This suit can do it all.
FABRIC AND TRIMS:
- This classic wool is woven from a Super 110s yarn for an incredibly soft yet sturdy cloth
- 100% wool woven in Italy by Vitale Barberis Canonico
- 260 grams/meter
- SEASONALITY: Suitable for year-round use in most climates
- COLOR: Black
- BUTTONS: Genuine horn
- LINING: Lined to the knee in gray / white stripe
COORDINATES WITH: Click here to view the matching jacket. Jacket and trouser are sold separately, and can be purchased in different sizes if required.
HOW IT FITS
HOW IT FITS
- Our BkT50 Tailored Trouser is cut with a mid rise, and a slim, straight fit that follows the contours of the body without being tight or restrictive.
- The leg opening is slightly tapered for a clean drape at the shoe.
- Whether paired with a matching suit jacket, worn with a contrasting blazer, or on its own, this makes a great trouser for formal weddings, events, and work occasions.
- Trousers come pre-hemmed with a plain hem. See the SIZE GUIDE for measurements.
- Flat front
- Belt loops
- Squared extended tab hook / button closure on waistband
- Lined to the knee
- Two slanted front pockets
- Two besom rear pocket with button and loop closure
- Zip fly
- Made in Portugal
- Dry clean as necessary
- Steam and press to remove wrinkles
SPECIAL ORDER INFO
SPECIAL ORDER INFO
When selecting a size to add to your cart, items noting IN STOCK are ready for immediate shipment. If a size says SPECIAL ORDER, it will ship within five weeks, if not sooner. Please read below for additional details and policies for Special Order items:
- IN STOCK items are ready to ship, and will typically be dispatched within two business days of ordering. They are also typically available for curbside pickup within two business days, or available to try on / purchase at our studio location (by appointment).
- SPECIAL ORDER items are not immediately in stock. When you place the order, we immediately begin making that item at our tailoring workshop. Special order items typically ship within five weeks, if not sooner. Once you place your order, you will receive an email from us with an estimated ship date.
- SPECIAL ORDER items are returnable / exchangeable according to the same return policy as IN STOCK purchases.
- If you place an order for some IN STOCK and some SPECIAL ORDER items, we will hold your IN STOCK items until your SPECIAL ORDER items are ready to ship, and ship everything together. If you would like items shipped separately, please contact us via email to make arrangements. Additional shipping charges may apply.
- SPECIAL ORDER items are not customized. Even though they are made-to-order, they are not considered a custom item and cannot be customized in any way. However, they can of course be altered by your local tailor. If you are able to visit us in New York, we can assist with alterations at an additional cost after your item arrives. If you are interested in ordering a custom item, we do offer custom clothing. Contact us to make an inquiry or schedule an appointment.
SIZE GUIDE - TAILORED TROUSERS
Brooklyn Tailors clothing is sized by a number system (01, 02, 03, etc). Use the below chart to see how our sizing system converts to other commonly used sizing scales. Scroll down further on this page for additional sizing information to help you select the best size.
|US / UK PANT SIZING||28-29||29-30||30-31||31-32||33-34||35-36||37-38||39-40|
The below chart provides measurements taken from our garments. You can compare them with items you already own, to help choose your ideal size.
- Garment measurements are in inches.
- Trousers are delivered with a finished hem (plain hem style) at the above mentioned inseam lengths. See "Alterations" notes below for guidance on how much the inseam can be lengthened or shortened by your local tailor.
- Instructions for taking measurements are provided below. When measuring at home, please follow these instructions as closely as possible to ensure you are measuring in a similar way:
- WAIST: With the trouser fully fastened and laying flat on a table, smooth the fabric as much as possible to remove slack. Run the tape measure along the very top edge of the waistband from left to right.
- FRONT RISE: With the trouser fully fastened and laying flat on a table, place the measuring tape at the crotch of the pant (between the legs, where you will see a seam joining the front of the leg to the back of the leg) and run the tape straight up the front of the pant, along the fly, up to the top of the waistband.
- THIGH: With the pant laying flat on a table, pick which leg you wish to measure (either one is okay). Pull the other leg outwards and away, which will allow the leg you are measuring to lay as flat as possible with as little slack as possible. Smooth the fabric of the leg you are measuring as much as possible. Place the measuring tape at the crotch of the pant at the highest point of the inner leg (this will be slightly below where the front panel is stitched to the back panel). Measure straight across to the outer edge of the thigh as horizontally as possible.
- LEG OPENING: With the trouser folded along its crease, lay one leg flat on a table. Place a tape measure at the bottom opening of the pant leg and measure straight across.
- INSEAM: Lay one pant leg on a table. Place the measuring tape at the crotch (where the front panel is sewn to back panel / left panel is sewn to right panel). Run the measuring tape along the inner seam of one pant leg down to the hem. The tape should be gently curved along that stitched seam, following its line as closely as possible.
- The above measurements apply to the following Brooklyn Tailors styles:
- BKT50 Tailored Trouser
- BKT50 Tuxedo Trouser
- While the above-mentioned styles have similar overall measurements and fit, each have different construction, stylistic details, and attributes that will affect the way the garment drapes and shapes the body. Check each individual product listing for additional details specific to that item.
As with most tailored clothing, our suits are constructed in a way that allows them to be altered by your local tailor to fine-tune the fit to your needs. While a wide array of alterations can be performed on our trousers, below is a list of the most common alterations, along with a rough approximation of how much the garment can be taken in or let out. The below list should only be considered a rough guide, as specifics are up to the discretion of your tailor.
- WAIST: The waistband can be taken in up to 1.5 inches approximately. It can be let out up to 1 inch approximately.
- SEAT / HIPS: The seat can be taken in up to 1 inch approximately. It can be let out up to 0.75 inches approximately.
- LEG: The leg (thigh, knee, leg opening) can be taken in up to 1.5 inches approximately. It can be let out up to 0.5 inches approximately.
- INSEAM: To adjust the length of the trouser, the inseam can be let out up to 2.25 inches. It can be taken in (shortened) as much as desired.