BROOKLYN TAILORS - BKT50 Tuxedo Jacket in Black Super 110s
STYLE No. BKT50 – ‘FULL CANVAS TUXEDO JACKET’
Our BKT50 suit is the original Brooklyn Tailors product and the real reason we’re here today. Modern yet timeless, luxurious yet practical, these suits get the job done in style.
FULL CANVAS TAILORING:
Our BkT50 jackets are tailored with a fully canvassed construction – a time-honored tradition of meticulously sewing horse hair canvas into the front section of the jacket by hand. This technique provides a more natural, elegant drape on the body, which only improves over time as it breaks in and forms to your individual shape – not unlike a great pair of jeans. Most suiting manufacturers replaced this slow and expensive method last century with fused construction, which involves sandwiching a synthetic material between the layers of fabric and adding heat to “glue” the suit together. This time-saving method has become common practice with today’s mass-produced suits, but results in a jacket that will degrade quickly with age, and will never have the soft, organic drape over the body that a fully canvassed jacket can offer.
The BkT50 tuxedo features a 1-button jacket with a narrow peaked lapel trimmed in contrasting black satin. The fit is the same as our BkT50 suit jacket: slim, with narrow shoulders, a moderately short jacket and sleeve, and a clean line that sits close to the body.The BkT50 suit is our signature suiting silhouette, known for being both modern and timeless.
- FABRIC ORIGIN: Super 110s wool twill woven in Italy by Vitale Barberis Canonico
- WEIGHT: 260 grams/meter – a medium weight ideal for year-round use
- COLOR: black
DETAILS AND CARE:
- Covered satin buttons
- Satin contrasting fabric on lapel, buttons and pockets
- Fully-canvassed construction for a natural drape and longer life
- Narrow peak lapel
- Fully lined with our signature gray and white striped lining
- Sleeves come with fully functional vents and buttons sewn on (without buttonholes). This allows for buttonholes to be added by your local tailor after adjusting sleeve length, if so desired.
- One chest pocket & two besom pockets with contrasting satin at the hips
- Hand pick stitching along edges
- Double back vent
- Dry clean only when necessary
- Made in Portugal
If a size is not shown, we are currently out of stock. In most cases we can special order it for you. Please contact us for further details.
*this item coordinates with our Tailored Tuxedo Trouser - Black with Satin Stripe
We offer coordinating bow ties to pair with this tuxedo, both in the silk grosgrain or in the Super 130s Black Wool.
About the BROOKLYN TAILORS PERMANENT COLLECTION: We put together the Permanent Collection to house our most popular and timeless suiting, shirting, belts, and neckwear. We keep these items in stock season after season and because of this, they seldom, if ever, go on sale.